Saturday, September 11, 2010

Creating thinkers

Saturday 11th September.

I had a difficult day yesterday, it was difficult because some money went missing from my classroom, it was tiring because we working on our contextual learning which involves, painting boxes, making and painting clay volcanoes; creating pictures on KidPix and researching and presenting facts. The structure of our context day follows our school Inquiry process but I still feel I have a long way to go before I can facilitate the children in being able to direct their own learning. I am still controlling how the children are working and what they are producing.

I have included a video that I found on Ewan MacIntosh's blog about teachers creating thinkers rather than creating students that don't know how to think but can instead only regurgitate facts.


TEDx Dubai 2009 - Ian Gilbert from Giorgio Ungania on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment