Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday
Our ICT facilitator visited school today. He didn't actually get the chance to visit my room because of time constraints. However, he did stop by for a chat later on. I shared some of the ideas I had picked up at the NEALS seminar on Saturday. The use of video games for literacy, and that there is a lot of panic about the internet (I think because of its global availability) when a lot of the information can be accessed at the school gate or in the local newspaper.

I spoke to him about my quest for an environment that the children could modify themselves as well as using to share their school work. Hopefully this will bear fruit at some point.

Got my first comment today - somebody's watching.
Penny

1 comment:

  1. Hi Techno Teacher (he he he)

    Thinking about your dilema. I know that you have tried blogging with your class and I wondered if this was worth another try. Like Enid pointed out in her comment it is a reflective commentary - but think of it as an opportunity for you to feed forward and back to individual children,like a type of dialogue. The difference this term could be in the way you introduce it, display and DEFINE it. Maybe also advertise it everywhere. It needs to be really discussed and perhaps a wall display to accompany it also. Just an idea, and it may not even be relevant :)

    ReplyDelete